Gumma Crossing Reserve
Gumma Crossing Reserve, on the banks of beautiful Warrell Creek, is a nature based camp ground under the control of Nambucca Shire Council.
An unspoiled part of Paradise - just this side of heaven!
Gumma reserve is a delightful hideaway just east of Macksville on the banks of Warrell Creek. It is ideally suited to self-contained travellers as the only facilities provided are toilets, cold showers, garbage collection, boat ramp, BBQ and picnic tables. Dump point available. Some limited drinking water and firewood is also available but where possible you should take supplies.
The main activities are:
- Fishing - either from the banks or from your boat
- Swimming - in the river
- Bird watching
It is possible to cross Warrell Creek to access the ocean beach but beware that dangerous rips are prevalent.
Please drive with caution if travelling to Boultons's Crossing / Gumma Reserve, the access road is unsealed. Nambucca Shire Council wishes to advise that ALL personal items should be secured in a safe spot when camping at this reserve as there have been some thefts in recent times. Council accepts no responsibility when items are lost or stolen.
Gumma Reserve is located 5.7 km east of Macksville along the Gumma Road.
Reservations Reservations cannot be made at this time.
Fees and charges CASH ONLY collected daily by Council contractor or staff
- Off Season Nightly$ 10.00 per single
$ 12.00 per double
$ 20.00 3-5 persons
$ 5.00 each additional person
- Holiday Season Nightly$ 20.00 per site (Max. 5 persons per site)
$ 5.00 each additional person
- DogsNo Charge (Max. 2 dogs)
Dogs are allowed within the Reserve provided that they are kept on a leash at all times, are not left unattended, aggressive or excessively noisy, and you clean up after them; bags are provided for this purpose.
Facilities- Amenities block
- Boat Ramp
- Drinking Water (own supply recommended)
- Limited mobile coverage
- Gas Fuel stoves recommended
- Wood for cooking fires only
* Holiday Season comprises NSW Christmas, Easter and September / October school holidays.
Campground Rules- To ensure the enjoyment and safety of all users of the Reserve please observe the following rules:
- A parent must accompany all children under 16
- No camping within 10 metres of creek bank
- Minimum site distance between sites is 2.5m
- Dogs must be on leash at all times
- No chemical waste to be placed in septic
- No unoccupied vans on campsites
- No parking between emergency access signs
- Vans\buses to be parked at right angles with tow hitches to the road
- Restrictions on fire usage to be obeyed
- No firewood can be collected from the park or surrounding area.
- Maximum stay is 1 month
Council wishes to advise that ALL personal items should be safely secured and Council accepts no responsibility if items are lost or stolen.
The Nambucca Valley. Discover it. Love it.
For many years Gumma has been a closely guarded secret spot and directions not easy to find. If coming from the north: turn left into River street in Macksville, immediately after crossing the traffic bridge. If coming from the south: turn right into Partridge Street at Macksville Pool & Aquatic Centre, then left into Wilis Street and right into River Street.
Signs to Boultons Crossing / Gumma Reserve will then show you the way. River Street changes name to Gumma Road, go up the rise, take the second turn at Boulton's Crossing to the left.